Bookbook (bŏŏk),USA pronunciation n.
- a written or printed work of fiction or nonfiction, usually on sheets of paper fastened or bound together within covers.
- a number of sheets of blank or ruled paper bound together for writing, recording business transactions, etc.
- a division of a literary work, esp. one of the larger divisions.
- the Book, the Bible.
- the text or libretto of an opera, operetta, or musical.
- books. See book of account.
- [Jazz.]the total repertoire of a band.
- a script or story for a play.
- a record of bets, as on a horse race.
- [Cards.]the number of basic tricks or cards that must be taken before any trick or card counts in the score.
- a set or packet of tickets, checks, stamps, matches, etc., bound together like a book.
- anything that serves for the recording of facts or events: The petrified tree was a book of Nature.
- a collection of facts and information about the usual playing habits, weaknesses, methods, etc., of an opposing team or player, esp. in baseball: The White Sox book on Mickey Mantle cautioned pitchers to keep the ball fast and high.
- the customers served by each registered representative in a brokerage house.
- a loose-leaf binder kept by a specialist to record orders to buy and sell stock at specified prices.
- a pile or package of leaves, as of tobacco.
- a thick block or crystal of mica.
- a magazine: used esp. in magazine publishing.
- See book value.
- bookmaker (def. 1).
- bring to book, to call to account;
bring to justice: Someday he will be brought to book for his misdeeds.
- by the book, according to the correct or established form;
in the usual manner: an unimaginative individual who does everything by the book.
- close the books, to balance accounts at the end of an accounting period;
- cook the books, [Informal.]See cook (def. 10).
- in one's bad books, out of favor;
disliked by someone: He's in the boss's bad books.
- in one's book, in one's personal judgment or opinion: In my book, he's not to be trusted.
- in one's good books, in favor;
liked by someone.
- like a book, completely;
thoroughly: She knew the area like a book.
- make book:
- to accept or place the bets of others, as on horse races, esp. as a business.
- to wager;
bet: You can make book on it that he won't arrive in time.
- off the books, done or performed for cash or without keeping full business records: esp. as a way to avoid paying income tax, employment benefits, etc.: Much of his work as a night watchman is done off the books.
- one for the book or books, a noteworthy incident;
something extraordinary: The daring rescue was one for the book.
- on the books, entered in a list or record: He claims to have graduated from Harvard, but his name is not on the books.
- the book:
- a set of rules, conventions, or standards: The solution was not according to the book but it served the purpose.
- the telephone book: I've looked him up, but he's not in the book.
- throw the book at:
- to sentence (an offender, lawbreaker, etc.) to the maximum penalties for all charges against that person.
- to punish or chide severely.
- without book:
- from memory.
- without authority: to punish without book.
- write the book, to be the prototype, originator, leader, etc., of: So far as investment banking is concerned, they wrote the book.
- to enter in a book or list;
- to reserve or make a reservation for (a hotel room, passage on a ship, etc.): We booked a table at our favorite restaurant.
- to register or list (a person) for a place, transportation, appointment, etc.: The travel agent booked us for next week's cruise.
- to engage for one or more performances.
- to enter an official charge against (an arrested suspect) on a police register.
- to act as a bookmaker for (a bettor, bet, or sum of money): The Philadelphia syndicate books 25 million dollars a year on horse racing.
- to register one's name.
- to engage a place, services, etc.
- to study hard, as a student before an exam: He left the party early to book.
- to leave;
depart: I'm bored with this party, let's book.
- to work as a bookmaker: He started a restaurant with money he got from booking.
- book in, to sign in, as at a job.
- book out, to sign out, as at a job.
- book up, to sell out in advance: The hotel is booked up for the Christmas holidays.
- of or pertaining to a book or books: the book department; a book salesman.
- derived or learned from or based on books: a book knowledge of sailing.
- shown by a book of account: The firm's book profit was $53,680.
Benchbench (bench),USA pronunciation n.
- a long seat for several persons: a bench in the park.
- a seat occupied by an official, esp. a judge.
- such a seat as a symbol of the office and dignity of an individual judge or the judiciary.
- the office or dignity of various other officials, or the officials themselves.
- the seat on which the players of a team sit during a game while not playing.
- thequality and number of the players of a team who are usually used as substitutes: A weak bench hurt their chances for the championship.
- [Informal.]See bench press.
- Also called workbench. the strong worktable of a carpenter or other mechanic.
- a platform on which animals are placed for exhibition, esp. at a dog show.
- a contest or exhibition of dogs;
- [Phys. Geog.]a shelflike area of rock with steep slopes above and below.
- a step or working elevation in a mine.
- berm (def. 2).
- on the bench:
- serving as a judge in a court of law;
- [Sports.](of a player) not participating in play, either for part or all of a game.
- to furnish with benches.
- to seat on a bench or on the bench: an election that benched him in the district court.
- to place (a show dog or other animal) in exhibition.
- to cut away the working faces of (a mine or quarry) in benches.
- to remove from a game or keep from participating in a game: to be benched because of poor hitting.
Adventuread•ven•ture (ad ven′chər),USA pronunciation n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- an exciting or very unusual experience.
- participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises: the spirit of adventure.
- a bold, usually risky undertaking;
hazardous action of uncertain outcome.
- a commercial or financial speculation of any kind;
- to risk or hazard.
- to take the chance of;
- to venture to say or utter: to adventure an opinion.
- to take the risk involved.
- to venture;
Hi guys, this picture is about Book Bench Adventure (charming Book Bench #1). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 2488 x 1490. It's file size is only 324 KB. Wether You want to save It to Your PC, you could Click here. You might too download more photos by clicking the picture below or see more at this post: Book Bench.
On choosing a backyard table ready-made tips. Moreover, for all those of you who wish to buy a park seat, search for costs to match the budget you requirements and have. Along with the budget, it should be measured in deciding the price is actually a factor how often the garden bench you employ. Modify how big the stool and seat styles with all style and the size of one's garden.
Selecting furniture for outdoor challenging, not merely any Book Bench Adventure (charming Book Bench #1) might be positioned on the patio or yard. If any, in just a short time the weather will swiftly damages the chair. Lawn mattresses are used frequently made of wood, bamboo, material, a plastic, and rattan. This type of content is very hard to ascertain if when it comes to maintenance. For example made from iron and lumber, should not come in contact with rainwater or sunshine right. Because the content is easily destroyed. Chairs are constructed of iron avoided wherever possible, granted the nature of easily corroded then your painting has to be completed every selected period of time.
Picking a Book Bench Adventure (charming Book Bench #1) is becoming a vital part of the park's arrangement as it is nowadays. This may be the point of view of the playground when not inuse along with functioning like a chair. Numerous patterns of grass mattresses tend to be found on the market. Nevertheless mixture and straightforward style with the park's selection is the alternative that is better.