Doubledou•ble (dub′əl),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -bled, -bling, adv.
- twice as large, heavy, strong, etc.;
twofold in size, amount, number, extent, etc.: a double portion; a new house double the size of the old one.
- composed of two like parts or members;
twofold in form;
paired: double doors; a double sink.
- of, pertaining to, or suitable for two persons: a double room.
- twofold in character, meaning, or conduct;
dual or ambiguous: a double interpretation.
- (of musical instruments) producing a tone an octave lower than the notes indicate.
- duple, as time or rhythm.
- folded in two;
having one half folded over the other.
- (of a bed or bedclothes) full-size: a double blanket.
- [Bot.](of flowers) having many more than the normal number of petals: double petunias; double hollyhocks.
- anything that is twofold in size or amount or twice the usual size, quantity, strength, etc.
- a duplicate or counterpart;
something exactly or closely resembling another: This dress is the double of that. He is the double of his cousin.
- Also called double room. a type of hotel accommodation with two beds, or sometimes a double bed, for occupancy by two persons. Cf. twin (def. 4).
- a fold or plait.
- an alcoholic drink containing twice the usual amount of alcohol.
- a sudden backward turn or bend, as of a fox on the run in fox hunting;
- a trick or artifice, as of argument in a formal debate.
- a substitute actor or singer ready to take another's place;
- [Motion Pictures, Television.]a substitute who performs feats or actions too hazardous or difficult for a star.
- [Baseball.]See two-base hit.
- [Mil.]double time.
- doubles, (used with a sing. v.) a game or match in which there are two players on each side, as in tennis.
- (in bridge or other card games)
- a challenge by an opponent that the declarer cannot fulfill the designated contract, increasing the points to be won or lost.
- a hand that warrants such a challenge.
- [Bridge.]a conventional bid informing one's partner that a player's hand is of a certain strength.
- [Bowling.]two strikes in succession: He needed a double in the tenth frame to win.
- See daily double.
- any of certain feasts in the Roman Catholic Church, marked by a doubled antiphon and taking precedence over lesser feasts.
- [Music. Rare.]a variation.
- a former coin of France, the sixth part of a sol, issued in silver in the 14th century, later made of copper.
- at the double, [Brit. Informal.]on the double.
- on the double, [Informal.]
- without delay;
rapidly: The fire engines came on the double.
- in double time, as marching troops.
- to make double or twice as great;
to add an equal amount to: The baby doubled its weight in a year.
- to bend or fold with or as with one part over another (often fol. by over, up, back, etc.): Double the edge over before sewing.
- to clench: He doubled his fists.
- to be or have twice as much as: Income doubled expenditure.
- to sail around (a projecting area of land): to double Cape Horn.
- to add a new layer of planking or ceiling to (an old wooden hull).
- to pair;
couple: The players were doubled for the tournament.
- [Music.]to reduplicate by means of a tone in another part, either at the unison or at an octave above or below.
- (in bridge and other card games)
- to challenge (the bid of an opponent) by making a call that increases the value of tricks to be won or lost.
- to challenge the bid of (an opponent): He doubled me into game.
- to cause the advance of (a base runner) by a two-base hit: He doubled him to third.
- to cause (a run) to be scored by a two-base hit (often fol. by in): He doubled in the winning run.
- to put out (a base runner) as the second out of a double play (often fol. by up).
- to become double: My money doubled in three years.
- to bend or fold (often fol. by up or over): to double over with pain.
- to turn back on a course or reverse direction (often fol. by back): He doubled back by another road and surprised us.
- [Mil.]to march at the double-time pace.
- to serve in two capacities or in an additional capacity: She doubles as producer and director.
- to act as a double in a play, motion picture, or the like.
- [Music.]to play an instrument besides one's regular instrument (usually followed by on): The saxophonist doubles on drums.
- (in bridge and other card games) to double the bid of an opponent.
- [Baseball.]to make a two-base hit.
- to double-date.
- double in brass, [Informal.]to serve in two capacities;
be able to do work different from one's own: It is a small firm, and everyone doubles in brass when emergencies arise.
- double or nothing, a bet having as its outcome either the doubling of a previous loss or debt or the canceling of that loss or debt. Also, double or quits.
- double up:
- to share quarters planned for only one person or family: Because of the room shortage, we had to double up.
- to bend over, as from pain: He doubled up in agony.
- to twice the amount, number, extent, etc.;
- two together: There are only a few beds, so some of the children will have to sleep double for the night.
Golfgolf (golf, gôlf;[Brit.]also gof ),USA pronunciation n.
- a game in which clubs with wooden or metal heads are used to hit a small, white ball into a number of holes, usually 9 or 18, in succession, situated at various distances over a course having natural or artificial obstacles, the object being to get the ball into each hole in as few strokes as possible.
- a word used in communications to represent the letter G.
- to play golf.
Matmat1 (mat),USA pronunciation n., v., mat•ted, mat•ting.
- a piece of fabric made of plaited or woven rushes, straw, hemp, or similar fiber, or of some other pliant material, as rubber, used as a protective covering on a floor or other surface, to wipe the shoes on, etc.
- a smaller piece of material, often ornamental, set under a dish of food, a lamp, vase, etc.
- the padded canvas covering the entire floor of a wrestling ring, for protecting the contestants from injury when thrown.
- a thick pad placed on the floor for the protection of tumblers and others engaged in gymnastic sports.
- a thickly growing or thick and tangled mass, as of hair or weeds.
- a sack made of matting, as for coffee or sugar.
- a slablike footing of concrete, esp. one for an entire building.
- a heavy mesh reinforcement for a concrete slab.
- go to the mat, to contend or struggle in a determined or unyielding way: The President is going to the mat with Congress over the proposed budget cuts.
- to cover with or as if with mats or matting.
- to form into a mat, as by interweaving.
- to become entangled;
form tangled masses.
Hello guys, this picture is about Double Golf Mat (charming Golf Practice Mats Uk #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 784 x 784. This blog post's file size is only 43 KB. Wether You ought to save It to Your laptop, you could Click here. You might also download more images by clicking the image below or read more at here: Golf Practice Mats Uk.
About how big your place is, you need to think. Can you fit in a sizable tile or it'll just look strange. Perhaps you will make some themes from use or cardboard taste to determine how it looks. Likewise the way you customize the room can be made by the tiles look larger or smaller and its color might help. For instance, if a diagonal hardwood that is bright is mounted in the place can give a of house.
Spend your own time using the tile undertaking and make sure what's using the tile and you 've deemed every one of the options available to you. So it might be a good idea to go and take a trip towards the regional Tile Display, we recommend to seek qualified advice.
They'll do the job swiftly and from the occasion you've booked all the equipment that is vital, you might not spend income that is too much. You might have a moist place or a toilet that is somewhat huge. In both scenarios, it is possible to think about the Golf Practice Mats Uk design. Tiles may not be needed by the larger toilet entirely nevertheless the damp place needs to be adorned.