Autoau•to (ô′tō),USA pronunciation n., pl. -tos.
Safetysafe•ty (sāf′tē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ties.
- the state of being safe;
freedom from the occurrence or risk of injury, danger, or loss.
- the quality of averting or not causing injury, danger, or loss.
- a contrivance or device to prevent injury or avert danger.
- Also called lock, safety catch, safety lock. a locking or cutoff device that prevents a gun from being fired accidentally.
- the action of keeping safe.
- an act or play in which a player on the offensive team is tackled in his own end zone or downs the ball there, or in which the ball goes out of bounds on a fumble, having last been in bounds in or over the end zone and having last been in the possession of an offensive player. Cf. touchback.
- an award of two points to the opposing team on this play.
- Also called safety man. a player on defense who lines up farthest behind the line of scrimmage.
- [Baseball.]a base hit, esp. a one-base hit.
- a condom.
- [Obs.]close confinement or custody.
Househouse (n., adj. hous;v. houz),USA pronunciation n., pl. hous•es (hou′ziz),USA pronunciation v., housed, hous•ing, adj.
- a building in which people live;
residence for human beings.
- a household.
- (often cap.) a family, including ancestors and descendants: the great houses of France; the House of Hapsburg.
- a building for any purpose: a house of worship.
- a theater, concert hall, or auditorium: a vaudeville house.
- the audience of a theater or the like.
- a place of shelter for an animal, bird, etc.
- the building in which a legislative or official deliberative body meets.
- (cap.) the body itself, esp. of a bicameral legislature: the House of Representatives.
- a quorum of such a body.
- (often cap.) a commercial establishment;
business firm: the House of Rothschild; a publishing house.
- a gambling casino.
- the management of a commercial establishment or of a gambling casino: rules of the house.
- an advisory or deliberative group, esp. in church or college affairs.
- a college in an English-type university.
- a residential hall in a college or school;
- the members or residents of any such residential hall.
- a brothel;
- a variety of lotto or bingo played with paper and pencil, esp. by soldiers as a gambling game.
- Also called parish. [Curling.]the area enclosed by a circle 12 or 14 ft. (3.7 or 4.2 m) in diameter at each end of the rink, having the tee in the center.
- any enclosed shelter above the weather deck of a vessel: bridge house; deck house.
- one of the 12 divisions of the celestial sphere, numbered counterclockwise from the point of the eastern horizon.
- bring down the house, to call forth vigorous applause from an audience;
be highly successful: The children's performances brought down the house.
- clean house. See clean (def. 46).
- dress the house, [Theat.]
- to fill a theater with many people admitted on free passes;
paper the house.
- to arrange or space the seating of patrons in such a way as to make an audience appear larger or a theater or nightclub more crowded than it actually is.
- keep house, to maintain a home;
manage a household.
- like a house on fire or afire, very quickly;
with energy or enthusiasm: The new product took off like a house on fire.
- on the house, as a gift from the management;
free: Tonight the drinks are on the house.
- put or set one's house in order:
- to settle one's affairs.
- to improve one's behavior or correct one's faults: It is easy to criticize others, but it would be better to put one's own house in order first.
- to put or receive into a house, dwelling, or living quarters: More than 200 students were housed in the dormitory.
- to give shelter to;
lodge: to house flood victims in schools.
- to provide with a place to work, study, or the like: This building houses our executive staff.
- to provide storage space for;
be a receptacle for or repository of: The library houses 600,000 books.
- to remove from exposure;
put in a safe place.
- to stow securely.
- to lower (an upper mast) and make secure, as alongside the lower mast.
- to heave (an anchor) home.
- to fit the end or edge of (a board or the like) into a notch, hole, or groove.
- to form (a joint) between two pieces of wood by fitting the end or edge of one into a dado of the other.
- to take shelter;
- of, pertaining to, or noting a house.
- for or suitable for a house: house paint.
- of or being a product made by or for a specific retailer and often sold under the store's own label: You'll save money on the radio if you buy the house brand.
- served by a restaurant as its customary brand: the house wine.
Nicenice (nīs),USA pronunciation adj., nic•er, nic•est.
delightful: a nice visit.
- amiably pleasant;
kind: They are always nice to strangers.
- characterized by, showing, or requiring great accuracy, precision, skill, tact, care, or delicacy: nice workmanship; a nice shot; a nice handling of a crisis.
- showing or indicating very small differences;
minutely accurate, as instruments: a job that requires nice measurements.
- minute, fine, or subtle: a nice distinction.
- having or showing delicate, accurate perception: a nice sense of color.
- refined in manners, language, etc.: Nice people wouldn't do such things.
decorous: a nice girl.
- suitable or proper: That was not a nice remark.
- carefully neat in dress, habits, etc.
- (esp. of food) dainty or delicate.
- having fastidious, finicky, or fussy tastes: They're much too nice in their dining habits to enjoy an outdoor barbecue.
- [Obs.]coy, shy, or reluctant.
- make nice, to behave in a friendly, ingratiating, or conciliatory manner.
- nice and, sufficiently: It's nice and warm in here.
Designde•sign (di zīn′),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to prepare the preliminary sketch or the plans for (a work to be executed), esp. to plan the form and structure of: to design a new bridge.
- to plan and fashion artistically or skillfully.
- to intend for a definite purpose: a scholarship designed for foreign students.
- to form or conceive in the mind;
plan: The prisoner designed an intricate escape.
- to assign in thought or intention;
purpose: He designed to be a doctor.
- [Obs.]to mark out, as by a sign;
- to make drawings, preliminary sketches, or plans.
- to plan and fashion the form and structure of an object, work of art, decorative scheme, etc.
- an outline, sketch, or plan, as of the form and structure of a work of art, an edifice, or a machine to be executed or constructed.
- organization or structure of formal elements in a work of art;
- the combination of details or features of a picture, building, etc.;
the pattern or motif of artistic work: the design on a bracelet.
- the art of designing: a school of design.
- a plan or project: a design for a new process.
- a plot or intrigue, esp. an underhand, deceitful, or treacherous one: His political rivals formulated a design to unseat him.
- designs, a hostile or aggressive project or scheme having evil or selfish motives: He had designs on his partner's stock.
- adaptation of means to a preconceived end.
Comecome (kum),USA pronunciation v., came, come, com•ing, n.
- to approach or move toward a particular person or place: Come here. Don't come any closer!
- to arrive by movement or in the course of progress: The train from Boston is coming.
- to approach or arrive in time, in succession, etc.: Christmas comes once a year. I'll come to your question next.
- to move into view;
- to extend;
reach: The dress comes to her knees.
- to take place;
happen: Success comes to those who strive.
- to occur at a certain point, position, etc.: Tuesday comes after Monday. Her aria comes in the third act.
- to be available, produced, offered, etc.: Toothpaste comes in a tube.
- to occur to the mind: The idea just came to me.
- to befall: They promised no harm would come to us.
- to issue;
be derived: Peaches come from trees. Good results do not come from careless work.
- to arrive or appear as a result: This comes of carelessness.
- to enter or be brought into a specified state or condition: to come into popular use.
- to do or manage;
fare: She's coming along well with her work.
- to enter into being or existence;
be born: The baby came at dawn.
- to have been a resident or to be a native of (usually fol. by from): She comes from Florida.
- to become: His shoes came untied.
- to seem to become: His fears made the menacing statues come alive. The work will come easy with a little practice.
- (used in the imperative to call attention or to express impatience, anger, remonstrance, etc.): Come, that will do!
- to germinate, as grain.
- [Informal.]to have an orgasm.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to do;
- [Informal.]to play the part of: to come the grande dame.
- come about:
- to come to pass;
- [Naut.]to tack.
- come across:
- Also, come upon. to find or encounter, esp. by chance: I came across this picture when I was cleaning out the attic. We suddenly came upon a deer while walking in the woods.
- [Informal.]to make good one's promise, as to pay a debt, do what is expected, etc.: to come across with the rent.
- to be understandable or convincing: The moral of this story doesn't come across.
- [Informal.]to make a particular impression;
comport oneself: She comes across as a very cold person.
- come again, (used as a request to repeat a statement).
- come along:
- to accompany someone, attend as part of a group: He didn't come along on the last trip.
- to proceed, develop, or advance sufficiently or successfully: The new project was coming along quite smoothly.
- to appear;
emerge as a factor or possibility: Even if another job comes along this summer, I won't take it.
- come and go, to occur briefly or suddenly but never for long;
appear and disappear.
- come around or round:
- to recover consciousness;
- to change one's opinion, decision, etc., esp. to agree with another's.
- to visit: Come around more often.
- to cease being angry, hurt, etc.
- come at:
- to arrive at;
- to rush at;
attack: The watchdog came at the intruder.
- come back:
- to return, esp. to one's memory: It all comes back to me now.
- to return to a former position or state.
- to talk back;
retort: to come back with a witty remark.
- come between, to cause to be estranged or antagonized: Love of money came between the brothers.
- come by, to obtain;
acquire: How did he ever come by so much money?
- come down:
- to lose wealth, rank, etc.;
be reduced in circumstances or status.
- to be handed down by tradition or inheritance.
- to be relayed or passed along from a source of higher rank or authority: The general's orders will come down tomorrow.
- to take place;
- [Slang.]to lose one's euphoria, enthusiasm, or esp. the effects of a drug high.
- come down on or upon:
- to voice one's opposition to: She came down on increased spending and promised to cut the budget.
- to reprimand;
scold: He came down on me for getting to work late.
- come down on the side of, to support or favor: I want to come down on the side of truth and justice.
- come down with, to become afflicted with (an illness): Many people came down with the flu this year.
- come forward, to offer one's services;
volunteer: When the president called for volunteers, several members of our group came forward.
- come home, [Naut.]
- (of an anchor) to begin to drag.
- (of an object) to move when hauled upon.
- come in:
- to enter.
- to arrive.
- to come into use or fashion.
- to begin to produce or yield: The oil well finally came in.
- to be among the winners: His horse came in and paid 5 to 1.
- to finish in a race or any competition, as specified: Our bobsled team came in fifth.
- come in for, to receive;
be subjected to: This plan will no doubt come in for a great deal of criticism.
- come into:
- to acquire;
- to inherit: He came into a large fortune at the age of 21.
- come off, [Informal.]
- to happen;
- to reach the end;
acquit oneself: to come off with honors.
- to be given or completed;
result: Her speech came off very well.
- to succeed;
be successful: The end of the novel just doesn't come off.
- come off it, [Informal.]to stop being wrong, foolish, or pretentious;
be truthful or honest: Come off it--we know you're as poor as the rest of us.
- come on:
- Also, come upon. to meet or find unexpectedly.
- to make progress;
- to appear on stage;
make one's entrance.
- to begin;
appear: The last showing will be coming on in a few minutes.
- [Informal.](used chiefly in the imperative) to hurry;
begin: Come on, before it rains!
- [Informal.](as an entreaty or attempt at persuasion) please: Come on, go with us to the movies.
- to try to make an impression or have an effect;
present oneself: She comes on a bit too strong for my taste.
- [Slang.]to make sexual advances: a Lothario who was always coming on with the women at the office.
- come on to, [Slang.]to make sexual advances to.
- come out:
- to be published;
- to become known;
- to make a debut in society, the theater, etc.
- to end;
emerge: The fight came out badly, as both combatants were injured.
- to make more or less public acknowledgment of being homosexual.
- come out for, to endorse or support publicly: The newspaper came out for the reelection of the mayor.
- come out with:
- to speak, esp. to confess or reveal something.
- to make available to the public;
bring out: The publisher is coming out with a revised edition of the textbook.
- come over:
- to happen to;
affect: What's come over him?
- to change sides or positions;
change one's mind: He was initially against the plan, but he's come over now.
- to visit informally: Our neighbors came over last night and we had a good chat.
- come round:
- See come (def. 29).
- (of a sailing vessel) to head toward the wind;
- come through:
- to endure or finish successfully.
- [Informal.]to do as expected or hoped;
succeed: We knew you'd come through for us.
- [Informal.]to experience religious conversion.
- come to:
- to recover consciousness.
- to amount to;
- [Naut.]to take the way off a vessel, as by bringing her head into the wind or anchoring.
- come to pass, to happen;
- come under:
- to fit into a category or classification: This play comes under the heading of social criticism.
- to be the province or responsibility of: This matter comes under the State Department.
- come up:
- to be referred to;
arise: The subject kept coming up in conversation.
- to be presented for action or discussion: The farm bill comes up for consideration next Monday.
- come upon. See come (defs. 25a, 45a).
- come up to:
- to approach;
near: A panhandler came up to us in the street.
- to compare with as to quantity, excellence, etc.;
equal: This piece of work does not come up to your usual standard.
- come up with, to produce;
supply: Can you come up with the right answer?
- come what may, no matter what may happen;
regardless of any opposition, argument, or consequences: Come what may, he will not change his mind.
- where one is coming from, where the source of one's beliefs, attitudes, or feelings lies: It's hard to understand where your friend is coming from when he says such crazy things.
- (vulgar). semen.
Workwork (wûrk),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., worked or (Archaic except for 35, 37, 40) wrought;
- exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something;
- something on which exertion or labor is expended;
a task or undertaking: The students finished their work in class.
- productive or operative activity.
- employment, as in some form of industry, esp. as a means of earning one's livelihood: to look for work.
- one's place of employment: Don't phone him at work.
- materials, things, etc., on which one is working or is to work.
- the result of exertion, labor, or activity;
a deed or performance.
- a product of exertion, labor, or activity: musical works.
- an engineering structure, as a building or bridge.
- a building, wall, trench, or the like, constructed or made as a means of fortification.
- (used with a sing. or pl. v.) a place or establishment for manufacturing (often used in combination): ironworks.
- the working parts of a machine: the works of a watch.
- [Theol.]righteous deeds.
- force times the distance through which it acts;
specifically, the transference of energy equal to the product of the component of a force that acts in the direction of the motion of the point of application of the force and the distance through which the point of application moves.
- at work:
- working, as at one's job: He's at work on a new novel.
- in action or operation: to see the machines at work.
- gum up the works, to spoil something, as through blundering or stupidity: The surprise party was all arranged, but her little brother gummed up the works and told her.
- in the works, in preparation or being planned: A musical version of the book is in the works.
- make short work of, to finish or dispose of quickly: We made short work of the chocolate layer cake.
- out of work, unemployed;
jobless: Many people in the area were out of work.
- shoot the works, to spend all one's resources: Let's shoot the works and order the crêpes suzette.
- the works:
all related items or matters: a hamburger with the works.
- harsh or cruel treatment: to give someone the works.
- of, for, or concerning work: work clothes.
- working (def. 18).
- to do work;
- to be employed, esp. as a means of earning one's livelihood: He hasn't worked for six weeks.
- to be in operation, as a machine.
- to act or operate effectively: The pump will not work. The plan works.
- to attain a specified condition, as by repeated movement: The nails worked loose.
- to have an effect or influence, as on a person or on the mind or feelings of a person.
- to move in agitation, as the features under strong emotion.
- to make way with effort or under stress: The ship works to windward.
- to give slightly at the joints, as a vessel under strain at sea.
- [Mach.]to move improperly, as from defective fitting of parts or from wear.
- to undergo treatment by labor in a given way: This dough works slowly.
- to ferment, as a liquid.
- to use or manage (an apparatus, contrivance, etc.): She can work many business machines.
- to bring about (any result) by or as by work or effort: to work a change.
- to manipulate or treat by labor: to work butter.
- to put into effective operation.
- to operate (a mine, farm, etc.) for productive purposes: to work a coal mine.
- to carry on operations in (a district or region).
- to make, fashion, or execute by work.
- to achieve or win by work or effort: to work one's passage.
- to keep (a person, a horse, etc.) at work: She works her employees hard.
- to influence or persuade, esp. insidiously: to work other people to one's will.
- to exploit (someone or something) to one's advantage: See if you can work your uncle for a new car.He worked his charm in landing a new job.
- to make or decorate by needlework or embroidery: She worked a needlepoint cushion.
- to cause fermentation in.
- work in or into:
- to bring or put in;
add, merge, or blend: The tailor worked in the patch skillfully. Work the cream into the hands until it is completely absorbed.
- to arrange a time or employment for: The dentist was very busy, but said she would be able to work me in late in the afternoon. They worked him into the new operation.
- work off:
- to lose or dispose of, as by exercise or labor: We decided to work off the effects of a heavy supper by walking for an hour.
- to pay or fulfill by working: He worked off his debt by doing odd jobs.
- work on or upon, to exercise influence on;
affect: I'll work on her, and maybe she'll change her mind.
- work out:
- to bring about by work, effort, or action.
- to solve, as a problem.
- to arrive at by or as by calculation.
- to pay (a debt) by working instead of paying money.
- to exhaust, as a mine.
- to issue in a result.
- to evolve;
- to amount to (a total or specified figure);
add up (to): The total works out to 176.
- to prove effective or successful: Their marriage just didn't work out.
- to practice, exercise, or train, esp. in order to become proficient in an athletic sport: The boxers are working out at the gym tonight.
- work over:
- to study or examine thoroughly: For my term paper I worked over 30 volumes of Roman history.
- to beat unsparingly, esp. in order to obtain something or out of revenge: They threatened to work him over until he talked.
- work through, to deal with successfully;
come to terms with: to work through one's feelings of guilt.
- work up:
- to move or stir the feelings;
- to prepare;
elaborate: Work up some plans.
- to increase in efficiency or skill: He worked up his typing speed to 70 words a minute.
- work up to, rise to a higher position;
advance: He worked up to the presidency.
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Howdy peoples, this blog post is about Superb Auto Safety House Nice Design #1 Come Work With Us.. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 3000 x 734. It's file size is just 273 KB. If You want to save It to Your computer, you can Click here. You also too see more attachments by clicking the picture below or see more at this article: Auto Safety House.
Auto Safety House get to be the most important factor in flooring on your home's option. If the ground your coloring decide on also black when you yourself have a small residence minimalist, then this could produce your property interior look satisfied miserable and claustrophobic.
your household won't feel comfortable sitting at home in order to produce your household members' terrible ramifications along with if we feel uneasy within the property, then you certainly be like to enjoy outside the home. When there are two shades with the measurement of the area of the area within the bedroom precisely the same color of the floor you can view the variation however they are very different.
Whenever we change because place a common effect is, quiet, and comfy. Thus along with of the hardwood surfaces can you select should since a mistake of ceramic hues can establish the beauty of one's house, you pay attention , nor be underestimated.