Longlong1 (lông, long),USA pronunciation adj. long•er (lông′gər, long′-),USA pronunciation long•est
(lông′gist, long′-),USA pronunciation n., adv.
- having considerable linear extent in space: a long distance; a long handle.
- having considerable duration in time: a long conversation; a long while.
- extending, lasting, or totaling a number of specified units: eight miles long; eight hours long.
- containing many items or units: a long list.
- requiring a considerable time to relate, read, etc.: a long story.
- extending beyond normal or moderate limits: a long, boring speech.
- experienced as passing slowly, because of the difficulty, tedium, or unpleasantness involved: long years of study.
- reaching well into the past: a long memory.
- the longer of two or the longest of several: the long way home; a brick with the long side exposed.
- taking a long time;
slow: He's certainly long getting here.
- forward-looking or considering all aspects;
broad: to take a long view of life.
- intense, thorough, or critical;
seriously appraising: a long look at one's past mistakes.
- having an ample supply or endowment of something (often fol. by on): to be long on advice; to be long on brains.
- having a considerable time to run, as a promissory note.
- [Chiefly Law.]distant or remote in time: a long date.
- extending relatively far: a man with a long reach.
- being higher or taller than usual: long casement windows.
- being against great odds;
unlikely: a long chance.
- (of beverages) mixed or diluted with a large amount of soda, seltzer, etc.: highballs, collinses, and other long drinks.
- (of the head or skull) of more than ordinary length from front to back.
- lasting a relatively long time: "Feed'' has a longer sound than "feet'' or "fit.''
- belonging to a class of sounds considered as usually longer in duration than another class, as the vowel of bought as compared to that of but, and in many languages serving as a distinctive feature of phonemes, as the ah in German Bahn in contrast with the a in Bann, or the tt in Italian fatto in contrast with the t in fato (opposed to short).
- having the sound of the English vowels in mate, meet, mite, mote, moot, and mute, historically descended from vowels that were long in duration.
- [Pros.](of a syllable in quantitative verse) lasting a longer time than a short syllable.
- [Finance.]holding or accumulating stocks, futures, commodities, etc., with the expectation of a rise in prices: a long position in chemicals.
- marked by a large difference in the numbers of the given betting ratio or in the amounts wagered: long odds.
- of or pertaining to the larger amount bet.
- (of clay) very plastic;
- a comparatively long time: They haven't been gone for long. Will it take long?
- something that is long: The signal was two longs and a short.
- a size of garment for men who are taller than average.
- a garment, as a suit or overcoat, in this size: The shorts and the longs are hung separately.
- [Finance.]a person who accumulates or holds stocks or commodities with the expectation of a rise in prices.
- before long, soon: We should have news of her whereabouts before long.
- the long and the short of, the point or gist of;
substance of: The long and the short of it is that they will be forced to sell all their holdings.Also, the long and short of.
- for or through a great extent of space or, esp., time: a reform long advocated.
- for or throughout a specified extent, esp. of time: How long did he stay?
- (used elliptically in referring to the length of an absence, delay, etc.): Will she be long?
- throughout a specified period of time (usually used to emphasize a preceding noun): It's been muggy all summer long.
- at a point of time far distant from the time indicated: long before.
- as long as:
- provided that: As long as you can come by six, I'll be here.
- seeing that;
since: As long as you're going to the grocery anyway, buy me a pint of ice cream.
- Also, so long as. during the time that;
through the period that: As long as we were neighbors, they never invited us inside their house.
Termterm (tûrm),USA pronunciation n.
- a word or group of words designating something, esp. in a particular field, as atom in physics, quietism in theology, adze in carpentry, or district leader in politics.
- any word or group of words considered as a member of a construction or utterance.
- the time or period through which something lasts.
- a period of time to which limits have been set: elected for a term of four years.
- one of two or more divisions of a school year, during which instruction is regularly provided.
- an appointed or set time or date, as for the payment of rent, interest, wages, etc.
- conditions with regard to payment, price, charge, rates, wages, etc.: reasonable terms.
- conditions or stipulations limiting what is proposed to be granted or done: the terms of a treaty.
- footing or standing;
relations: on good terms with someone.
- [Obs.]state, situation, or circumstances.
- [Algebra, Arith.]
- each of the members of which an expression, a series of quantities, or the like, is composed, as one of two or more parts of an algebraic expression.
- a mathematical expression of the form axp, axpyq, etc., where a, p, and q are numbers and x and y are variables.
- the subject or predicate of a categorical proposition.
- the word or expression denoting the subject or predicate of a categorical proposition.
- Also called terminus. a figure, esp. of Terminus, in the form of a herm, used by the ancient Romans as a boundary marker;
- an estate or interest in land or the like, to be enjoyed for a fixed period.
- the duration of an estate.
- each of the periods during which certain courts of law hold their sessions.
- completion of pregnancy;
- end, conclusion, or termination.
- boundary or limit.
- bring to terms, to force to agree to stated demands or conditions;
bring into submission: After a long struggle, we brought them to terms.
- come to terms:
- to reach an agreement;
make an arrangement: to come to terms with a creditor.
- to become resigned or accustomed: to come to terms with one's life.
- eat one's terms, to study for the bar;
be a law student.
- in terms of, with regard to;
concerning: The book offers nothing in terms of a satisfactory conclusion.
- to apply a particular term or name to;
Carcar1 (kär),USA pronunciation n.
- an automobile.
- a vehicle running on rails, as a streetcar or railroad car.
- the part of an elevator, balloon, modern airship, etc., that carries the passengers, freight, etc.
- any wheeled vehicle, as a farm cart or wagon.
- [Literary.]a chariot, as of war or triumph.
Magazinemag•a•zine (mag′ə zēn′, mag′ə zēn′),USA pronunciation n.
mag′a•zin′ish, mag′a•zin′y, adj.
- a publication that is issued periodically, usually bound in a paper cover, and typically contains essays, stories, poems, etc., by many writers, and often photographs and drawings, frequently specializing in a particular subject or area, as hobbies, news, or sports.
- a room or place for keeping gunpowder and other explosives, as in a fort or on a warship.
- a building or place for keeping military stores, as arms, ammunition, or provisions.
- a metal receptacle for a number of cartridges, inserted into certain types of automatic weapons and when empty removed and replaced by a full receptacle in order to continue firing.
- Also called magazine′ show′. [Radio and Television.]
- Also called newsmagazine. a regularly scheduled news program consisting of several short segments in which various subjects of current interest are examined, usually in greater detail than on a regular newscast.
- a program with a varied format that combines interviews, commentary, entertainment, etc.
- See magazine section.
- cartridge (def. 4).
- a supply chamber, as in a stove.
- a storehouse;
- a collection of war munitions.
Hi folks, this image is about 2007 Audi Q7 Long Term European Car Magazine ( 2007 Audi Q7 Interior #1). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 466 x 621. This photo's file size is only 45 KB. If You ought to save This picture to Your laptop, you could Click here. You could too download more pictures by clicking the photo below or read more at this article: 2007 Audi Q7 Interior.
Make or the locations were used-to prepare food, that sensation of the kitchen. As the 2007 Audi Q7 Long Term European Car Magazine ( 2007 Audi Q7 Interior #1) is a place to prepare and fit something carelessly due to the aftereffects of the speed of cooking were burnt a such like, therefore it may be claimed your kitchen is one room that's typically messy and filthy.
Layout your kitchen in to a minimalist kitchen, use your innovative part to style a minimalist kitchen in your house, because the minimalist kitchen is really a kitchen that's equipped with a kitchen set and a lot of kitchen units as possible utilize to place a cooking items. So you no longer must develop a hook or hook in your home for a minimalist kitchen is full.
If your 2007 Audi Q7 Long Term European Car Magazine ( 2007 Audi Q7 Interior #1) looks clean and clean, surely you will feel relaxed cooking. Having a relaxed kitchen, cooking is more pleasurable, since the style of food depends upon the disposition of individuals that are cooking and the consequence would be the maximum that the recipes may taste better.
Therefore it is now a lot of kitchens which have an appealing type with an array of furniture for stocking things or kitchenware on a frequent schedule whilst not to fall apart. Perhaps for some people the best way to organize the cooking equipment in the home is to add land or a hanger to preserve some cooking utensils that may be installed.